Don’t Let A Holiday Party Send You Scrambling For The Dentist
Here are 4 simple tips to keep your mouth and smile healthy:
1. Don’t overdo the sweets & treats also, try to have sweets with meals instead of as isolated snacks. When snacking, there is less saliva present in the mouth, so acids don’t get rinsed away and teeth are at a higher risk of decay.
2. Wear a mouthguard when playing sports if your children are playing contact sports like rugby or any other activities that put their mouth, teeth and jaws at risk of injury from other players or impacts, they should wear a mouthguard.
3. Drink more water alcohol and fizzy drinks are often present at holiday parties and family gatherings, however excess consumption of these beverages can cause staining and dental cavities.
4. Schedule your dental exams 2 times a year. Staying on your recommended exam schedule will help ensure that your teeth stay strong and disease-free during the holiday season. If you have existing dental work, exams are especially important because we can tell when a filling, crown, veneer, or other dental work is nearing the end of its life. Then we can arrange for a replacement on your preferred schedule, as opposed to work breaking and forcing you into the office ASAP.
BOOK YOUR DENTAL APPOINTMENT
Book your appointment here at Top Smile Clinic.
We’ll take care of your oral health and advise you and make sure your teeth are in good health.
If there are any issues, we can catch the problem before it does serious damage.
Call us today on (02) 9051 2868 or book an appointment online at a time that’s good for you.
RECENT POSTS & TIPS
- How Long Does it Take to Straighten Teeth?
- How Does Smoking Affect Dental Implants?
- Who is not suitable for dental implants?
- Don’t Let A Holiday Party Send You Scrambling For The Dentist
- My kid hates brushing teeth: what I can do to change that?
- 3 Questions to Ask Your Dentist On Your First Visit
- My gums hurt when I brush my teeth. What does this mean?
- How many times I should brush?
- Dental Emergency, What To Do?
- What is a Dental Crown?
YOUR TOP SMILE
Top Smile dental clinic is affordable and family friendly dentist. Conveniently located in Mascot with free parking.