Who is not suitable for dental implants?
People who are under certain medications, such as steroids or drugs that suppress the immune system may not be suitable for dental implant. And people with certain habits, such as people who severely grind or clench their teeth may cause too much pressure on the implants, causing long term damage.
In most cases, anyone who is healthy enough well to do a routine dental extraction or oral surgery can be considered suitable for Dental implant treatment. But Patients who doesn’t have healthy gums and enough bone to hold the implant may not be suitable for the implant treatment.
Some the other reasons, for example the uncontrolled diabetes, cancer, radiation to the jaws, smoking, alcoholism, or uncontrolled gum disease are all risk factors that can affect the eligibility of the implant treatment as well. You may still be a good candidate with one of these diseases, but we’ll want to thoroughly assess your situation and work with you and your doctor to increase your overall health and functioning.
Please call 02 9051 2868 to book your implant consultation with us.
RECENT POSTS & TIPS
- Smiling with Ease: The Advantages of Flexible Dental Partials
- How safe are X-rays?
- Preparing for tooth extraction
- A tooth has fallen out; what should I do?
- What is a dental crown, and why do we require one?
- Tips for brushing your teeth like a dentist
- Things every parent needs to know about baby teeth
- Why you need to drink more water to protect your teeth.
- Can I get braces even though I’m an adult?
- How long does it take to whiten my teeth?
YOUR TOP SMILE
Top Smile dental clinic is affordable and family friendly dentist. Conveniently located in Mascot with free parking.